Pages

Monday 28 March 2011

The words I'm going to focus on are: Masculinity and Femininity

We are allowed to use different words in our thumbnail idea sketches so i am going to look at both Masculinity and Femininity and then choose my final piece from those, the one i feel is most successful.

I am hoping to create some quite comical work which will work around the idea of gender stereotypes. I do however want them to be clearly satirical and not in any way sexist. Hopefully this will come across clearly.

I'm going to brainstorm the typical gender stereotypes which will be the basis of my image:

Male stereotypes: 'Act like a man'

Strong
Tough
In Control
Don't Cry
Financial Provider
Confidence
Successful
Active
Heroic
Slobbish: ie. bachelor pads
Unemotional
Don't need instruction mannuals
Don't need maps/directions
Can fix things: hammers, nails, screwdrivers

Female stereotypes: 'Be ladylike'

Thin
Passive
Delicate
House-wifey
Maternal
Carer
Childcare
Submissive
Boobs and Legs
Romantic
Sympathetic
Can't drive
Wimps
Chatterbox
Gossipy

Now time to draw out some ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment