Pages

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Tessellating Animals

For my new project at Uni i am creating a range of paper-based goods to be sold later on in the year. I want to come up with an interesting, eye-catching and completely original design, or set of designs to be screen printed onto gift cards, postcards, bookmarks, wrapping paper etc.

For some reason i came up with the idea of tessellating animals. It took me a while to research how this works, and the symmetry of it... but after a while i came up with this initial experiment.

This is a random shape i have created and tessellated..



I thought it looked a bit like an octopus?




I then coloured it using a limited colour palette. (each sucker was drawn on individually!!)




I then tried putting a grainy filter over the image..




Somehow while messing around on Photoshop i also came up with this which i quite like:






No comments:

Post a Comment